Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 3 in London

Yesterday was fabulous...we toured the city (a couple times), did a little shopping, walked around Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar square, Piccadilly circus, London Bridge, toured the Thames and had dinner with Jim Bamford, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bamford) a dear friend of my Moms. Today was filled with more history as we started off at Henry VIII Hampton's Court where the royalty lived before Buckingham Palace.  Fantastic.  I could have spent the whole day learning about the king and strolling through his many gardens.  If you can check out Bailey or Brenna's FB...they have all the pictures. (I will try and post some once I gain control of the camera and computer-I'm borrowing Ira's now)  Then we headed to the Tower (Bloody Tower) of London.  Wow. We were so brutal in  years past.  Truly unbelievable.  Tomorrow is Salisbury, Bath and Stonehenge.  Thursday, Paris.  I'm anxious to try new food.  London isn't cutting it but between that and all the walking-it's good for the weight loss plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment